Saturday, November 25, 2006

Calgary Poutine and Ice Cream

Okay, so we never ever post to the blog, but I thought I'd share my picks for some specific best-of-Calgary for people looking for this info.

Best Poutine in Calgary: This was, without a doubt, from the Garden Deli inside the Tom Baker Cancer Centre, located at the Foothills Medical Centre. The curds are real curds, and you can get double-curds, if you so desire. Unfortunately, at some point management got a little stingy on the volume of fries that went with it, but it's still the best you can get in Calgary.

Best Ice Cream in Calgary: An easy choice again: Philip's Forbidden Flavors. I haven't been there in months, so I can't guarantee that they're still there (their other location is now a bubble tea joint), but in terms of flavour, it beats every other place within the Calgary city limits, hands down. Okay, it drives me crazy that 'flavours' is misspelt in their name, but what can you do. I no longer bother with any other place, and yes, I've tried all of them, with the exception of one: I've heard that the chocolate ice cream available from Manuel Latruwe Belgian Patisserie & Bread Shop is extremely good, but they've never been open when I've tried to go there.

If I can think of any other categories to post, I will... eventually.

1 Comments:

At 3:38 p.m., Blogger med neophyte said...

I was hugely disappointed when I went to the Garden Deli this past week for my monthly poutine and they had taken it off the menu. I was so unconsolible I had Chicken on the way for dinner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home